Richfield

The City of Richfield is a first tier suburb that is conveniently located approximately 8 miles south of downtown Minneapolis as well as within close proximity to major commercial shopping corridors. Richfield is home to roughly 35,000 residents and is bordered by Minneapolis to the north, Edina to the west, Bloomington to the south and the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport to the east.

Richfield is easily accessible via Interstates 35W and 494 and Minnesota State Highways 62 and 77, four major Twin Cities arterial routes that either border or pass through the city.

Richfield is diverse suburb with a good mixture of residential and commercial uses. Residential uses are primarily single-family homes, duplexes and multi-family apartment buildings scattered throughout. The primary commercial shopping areas within Richfield are along 66th Street in the northern portion and along Interstate 494, which is the southern border of Richfield. 66th Street features a wide range of both large and smaller businesses primarily where 66th Street intersects with Penn, Lyndale, Nicollet and Cedar Avenues. Notable restaurants in these areas include Khan's Mongolian Barbeque, Champs, Jun-Bo, Davanni's and several other casual dining options.

The stretch along Interstate 494 is primarily characterized by larger scale retailers including Best Buy, Menards, Baby's-R-Us, Lands End, and Dick's Sporting Goods among others. There are several hotels located along this stretch as well as additional shopping, retail, and entertainment options just outside of Richfield along the 494 commercial corridor, most notably, the Mall of America.

Richfield is home to the corporate headquarters of Best Buy. As the city's largest employer, Best Buy is the leading electronics retailer in the U.S operating over 1,150 stores throughout the world.

There are five public schools in Richfield, including three elementary schools, one middle school and Richfield High School, home to 1,500 students in grades 9-12. Notable private schools in Richfield include Blessed Trinity Catholic School, Mount Calvary Lutheran School and the Academy of Holy Angeles, a popular high school located along 66th Street in the center of the city.

Richfield has an abundance of green space and contains over 460-acres of parkland throughout the city, including 21 smaller neighborhood parks. Each park features playground facilities and plenty of space to enjoy the great outdoors. The Wood Lake Nature Preserve is a 150-acre park that was the first urban nature center in the U.S. when it opened in 1971 and features wetlands, walking paths and numerous species of birds and animals.

Veterans Memorial Park is another popular recreational destination conveniently located along Portland Avenue that is home to the city's annual Fourth of July Celebration, Music in the Park Program and The Richfield Farmer's Market, the third largest open-air market in the Twin Cities.

Richfield contains a good mix of renters and home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 68% percent of all households in Richfield with the remaining 32% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Richfield is $45,519 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Click HERE for City of Richfield

Click HERE for Richfield School Disctrict Website