The City of Crystal is a first tier suburb located just 7 miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis and offers residents and business owners a small-town community with big-city accessibility. Crystal is home to approximately 22,167 residents and is bordered by New Hope to the west, Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center to the north, Robbinsdale, Minneapolis and Brooklyn Center to the east and Golden Valley to the south.

Crystal is easily accessible via Minnesota State Highway 100 and County Road 81 which extends into nearby Minneapolis where it turns into Broadway Avenue.

The main shopping and retail area is centered on the intersection of Bass Lake Road and West Broadway Avenue. This buys intersection features a Target, Office Depot, Walgreens, bank branches, coffee shops, dry cleaners and several smaller service-oriented businesses that cater to local residents. There are several restaurants in the vicinity including Buffalo Wild Wings, Royal Buffet and the Field house Tavern to name a few. Just northeast of this area is the Crystal Airport, a public airport serving smaller private aircraft and the only such airport in the immediate region.

There is another shopping area a couple of minutes south on County Road 81 along Bottineau Boulevard that features several smaller neighborhood style retailers such as Woullet's Bakery, Hackenmueller Meats, Robbinsdale Farm, Garden & Pet, Athens Café, Ace Hardware and Robbinsdale Marina.

While nearly all residential, Crystal is home to several businesses and the city's leading employers are Cub Foods Grocery Stores, Timesavers, Crystal Care Center, US West and Featherlite Exhibits.

The city of Crystal maintains 25 parks as well as three conservancy areas. The 80-acre Bassett Creek Park features a 3,700 square foot playground, basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, a fenced community dog park, a 9-hole disc golf course, several athletic fields and walking paths scattered throughout. Becker Park is another popular neighborhood park that features outdoor music concerts and movies every week during the summer months in the adjacent Becker Performing Arts Center.

Crystal is served by the Robbinsdale School District, which has strong tradition of achievement in academics and the arts. The district serves approximately 12,000 K-12 students and also covers six additional communities outside of Crystal with a total population of more than 100,000 residents and 47,000 households, all in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. The district operates nine elementary schools for students in grades K-5, two middle schools for grades 6-8 and two high schools for 9-12- Armstrong and Cooper. Additionally, one of the elementary schools, Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion School, is a unique language magnet program for students in grades K-5.

Crystal contains a good mix between renters and home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 68% percent of all households in Crystal with the remaining 32% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Crystal is $54,738 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Click HERE for City of Crystal

Click HERE for Robbinsdale Area Schools (Serving Crystal)