Eden Prairie

The City of Eden Prairie recieved accolades by Money Magazine in July 2010 as "Best Place to Live" in the entire country for cities under 300,000 in population - as well as the 2016 nod for "Best Places to Live", is conveniently located approximately 12 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis and features and abundance of green space, parks, shopping and quiet tree-lined streets. Eden Prairie is home to approximately 60,952 residents and is bordered by Chanhassen to the west, Minnetonka to the north, Edina and Bloomington to the east and the pristine Minnesota River to the south.

Eden Prairie is easily accessible via Interstate 494, US Highways 169 and 212 Minnesota State Highway 5 and four major arterial routes that either border or pass through the city.

The city is diverse with a good mixture of residential uses, commercial areas and retail shopping areas. The major shopping and retail area is primarily located in the northeastern area of the city near the intersection of Interstate 494 and Highway 212, primarily located around the Eden Prairie Center. This large indoor mall features numerous specialty stores as well as a Target, Kohl's, Sears and JC Penney. Also located within this retail corridor are a large movie theater, Bachman's, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Lifetime Fitness. There are several restaurants around the Eden Prairie Center corridor, most notably, Green Mill, Champs, Wild Fire Grill, Water Tower Brewing, Kona Grill, Santorini and Biaggio's.

Eden Prairie is home to more than 2,200 businesses, including several major corporations that have their headquarters within the city. Major employers include Fortune 500 trucking company C.H. Robinson, hearing-aid maker Starkey Labs, and the Minnesota Vikings, along with food giant Supervalu and high tech companies ADC Telecommunications and Digital River.

Not many communities in the Twin Cities have as much green space as Eden Prairie. The city features several large lakes and ponds as well as over 170 miles of trails, 2,250 acres of designated parkland and 1,300 acres of open green space. The 170-acre Bryant Lake Park is nestled among rolling hills, and features one of the larger playground in the region as well as the pristine Bryant Lake, a popular lake for swimming, boating and fishing. Public beaches, fishing piers, skating rinks, community gardens, tennis courts and numerous athletic fields baseball are just a few of the recreational amenities Eden Prairie has to offer its residents.

The highly rated Eden Prairie School District (ranked 9 out of 10 by greatschools.org) operates six elementary and middle schools, one junior high school and Eden Prairie High School, the largest high school in Minnesota with 3,300 students. The International School of Minnesota, is a popular private school and ITT Technical Institute, Rasmussen College and Hennepin Technical College are also conveniently located within Eden Prairie.

Eden Prairie contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 78% percent of all households in Eden Prairie with the remaining 22% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Eden Prairie is $78,328 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Click HERE for City of Eden Prairie Website

Click HERE for Eden Prairie Schools