Medina

The City of Medina is located 20 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. Medina is a prosperous, suburban edge city and is home to approximately 4,987 residents and is bordered by Maple Plain and Independence to the west, Corcoran to the north, Plymouth to the east and Orono to the south.

Medina is easily accessible via MN Highway 55, a main thoroughfare in the area that passes through the city and travels east directly into downtown Minneapolis. MN Highway 101 is another major north/south route that passes through the main business district in Medina.

The city's main retail and commercial district is located in historical downtown Medina, otherwise known as Uptown Hamel. This charming area located just off of Highway 55 in the northeastern section of the city, features an attractive, pedestrian-friendly area with retail, office, specialty shops, residential, and community gathering places. The district is home to many small locally owned businesses including Peg's Countryside Cafe & Catering , Sonny's Auto, Howie's Barber Shop and the Church of St. Anne. Medina is also home to the Medina Entertainment Center, a Minnesota landmark that has been around for over fifty years.

Further shopping and retail stores are located a short drive east along Highway 55 into the city of Plymouth's main retail corridor around the intersection of Highway 55 and Interstate 494. Here residents will find notable landmarks such as Lowes Home Improvement Center, Lunds grocery store, Lifetime Fitness, Cub Foods, Michaels and several restaurants including Old Chicago, Umbria Pizzeria, Axels, Green Mill, Woody's and Kobe.

While Medina maintains a rural and agricultural pastime, there are several businesses located within Medina, most notably the city's largest employer, the corporate headquarters of Polaris Industries, a leading manufacturer of snowmobiles, ATV's and golf carts.

Medina maintains 27 designated public parks scattered throughout the city. Hamel Legion Park, one of the more popular parks in the city, features several athletic fields, basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, picnic areas, walking paths, a large playground and a skating rink and popular sledding hill during the winter months. The Baker Park Reserve, in the western portion of the city, features over 2,700 acres of wilderness as well as the Baker National Golf Course, an 18-hole championship golf course regarded as one of the best in the Twin Cities. Additionally, Medina contains several lakes, most notably Lake Independence, the area's largest lake and very popular among boaters, anglers and swimmers.

Medina is served by four highly regarded school systems: Delano, Orono, Rockford and Wayzata (all ranked at least 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org). Combined, these four school districts offer eleven elementary schools, six middle schools, and four high schools.

Medina contains an overwhelming majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 98% percent of all households in Medina with the remaining 2% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Medina is $88,847.

Click HERE for the City of Medina wesbite

Click HERE for Medina Schools