Cottage Grove

The City of Cottage Grove is located approximately 8 miles southeast of downtown St. Paul along the banks of the Mississippi River. Cottage Grove is home to approximately 34,017 residents and is bordered by Newport, St. Paul Park and Grey Cloud Island Township to the west, Woodbury to the north, Denmark Township to the east and the Mississippi River to the south.

Cottage Grove is easily accessible via U.S. Highway's 10/61, a major routes that pass through the city and connects with Interstates 494 and 94 just north of the city.

Cottage Grove is a very diverse city with a good mixture of residential, industrial and uses. Most of the retail, shopping and entertainment options reside along the Highway 10/61 corridor. The intersection of Highway10/61 and 80th Street features Kohl's, Rainbow Foods, Home Depot, Walgreens, a few bank branches and several fast food and casual dining options. Further south near the intersection of Highway 10/61 are Jamaica Avenue there is another commercial area that features notable establishments such as Von Hansen's Meat, Target, Blockbuster, a couple of gas/convenience stores, and a hotel. The Cottage View Drive-In, one of only two classic drive-in's left in the Twin Cities, is also located within the city near the Innovation Road exit of Highway 61.

Cottage Grove maintains a strong businesses community and the city's largest employers are School District #833, 3M Cottage Grove, Renewal by Andersen, Up North Plastics Inc., Commercial Carriers and Rainbow Foods.

Cottage Grove features an extensive park system that consists of over 30 parks within the City boundaries, including the Ravine Regional Park, This large park consists of 506 acres of hills and dramatic, heavily wooded ravines and open areas. This varied topography and landscape creates an unusual variety of vegetation and habitats. Kingston Park, another popular neighborhood park, is one of the city's premier parks located on almost 55 acres. The park is home to Cottage Grove's soccer complex with over 11 soccer fields and also features basketball and tennis courts, picnic areas, trails and plenty of open space.

The city of Cottage Grove is served by the South Washington County School District (833). This highly rated school district (ranked 7 out of 10 by greatschools.org), collectively features 16 elementary schools, four middle schools and four high schools, Park High, Woodbury High, Eastridge High, and Alternative Learning Center. The majority of the students in Cottage Grove attend schools within the city which includes one elementary school, one middle school and Park High School.

Cottage Grove contains an overwhelming majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 91% percent of all households in Cottage Grove with the remaining 9% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Cottage Grove is $65,825 per household.

Click HERE for the City of Cottage Grove Website

Click HERE for South Washington County Schools