Savage

The City of Savage is a growing and relatively undeveloped community located approximately 20 miles south of downtown Minneapolis in the beautiful Minnesota River valley. Savage is home to approximately 26,852 residents and is bordered by Prior Lake and Shakopee to the west, the Minnesota River to the north, Burnsville to the east and Prior Lake and Credit River Township to the south.

Savage is easily accessible via MN Highway's 13 and 101, two regional thoroughfares in the area that pass through the city.

Savage features a small downtown just off of Highway 13 that contains notable businesses such as Neisens Sports, Bar, The Savage Depot, El Loro, The Buffalo Tap and the Windmill Café, a favorite among locals for serving breakfast all day. Additional retail, entertainment and dining options can be found a short drive east into neighboring Burnsville, specifically along the County Road 42 commercial corridor. This thriving area features large retailers such as Best Buy, Target, Kohl's and Cub Foods as well as numerous specialty stores and restaurants. Also located along this stretch is Burnsville Center, a large regional indoor mall with three department stores, 150 specialty stores and over 15 different dining options.

Additionally, major regional entertainment attractions such as Historic Murphy's Landing, Valleyfair Amusement Park, Mystic Lake Casino, the Minnesota Renaissance Festival and Canterbury Park Racetrack are located a short drive just west into the adjacent city of Shakopee.

Once known predominantly for its shipbuilding port for the U.S. Navy and the grain industry, Savage is now home to several thriving businesses. The leading employers in the city are Super Target, Continental Machines, Fabcon Inc, Cub Foods, Silgan Container Corp, Waste Management, Cargill and Rainbow Foods.

The City of Savage currently features approximately 304 acres of designated city parks, as well as over 2,400 acres of state and county-managed park space. The popular 45-acre Hidden Valley Park is located along the banks of the Credit River and features a large picnic area, volleyball courts, athletic fields, playgrounds for children and walking paths scattered throughout. Murphy Hanrehan Park Reserve, located in southern Savage, is a 2,400-acre regional park that is undeveloped except for the abundance of trails, which are frequented by walkers, bikers, horses, snowmobiles and cross-country skiers.

Several parks are popular with Robbinsdale residents including Spanjers Park, Lee Park, Sanborn Park, Twin Lake Beach Park, Lions Park, and the nearby Hagemeister Pond Preserve Park. These parks offer residents several recreational amenities including athletic fields, walking paths, playgrounds, beaches, fishing docks and ice skating, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing during the winter months. Additionally, the nearby 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park features an abundance of amenities, activities plenty of wide open space. As part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, Theodore Wirth Park connects to the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes and miles of additional walking, jogging and biking trails throughout the region.

The city of Savage is served by the Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools System (ranked 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org) which also serves the neighboring community of Prior Lake, as well as the townships of Spring Lake, Cedar Lake, Credit River and Sand Creek. The district serves 7,000 students through six elementary schools, two middle schools and Prior Lake High School.

Savage contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 86% percent of all households in Savage with the remaining 14% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Savage is $75,097 per household.

Click HERE for City of Savage Website

Click HERE for Savage-Prior Lake Area School Disctrict Website

Click HERE for Burnsville School District (Serving Areas of Savage)