Brooklyn Park

The City of Brooklyn Park is the second largest suburb in the Twin Cities and the sixth largest city in Minnesota, is located 11 miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis along the banks of the Mississippi River. Brooklyn Park is home to approximately 71,308 residents and is bordered by Maple Grove and Osseo to the west, Champlin to the north, the Mississippi River to the east and New Hope, Crystal and Brooklyn Center to the south.

Brooklyn Park is easily accessible via Interstate 94/694, US Highway 169 and MN Highway 252, three major regional thoroughfares that pass through the city.

Brooklyn Park contains several retail stores, restaurants and entertainment options, many of which are located along Brooklyn Boulevard/77th Avenue and along County Road 81 on the western edge of the city. Large retailers in this area include Mills Fleet Farm, Menards, Target, TJ Maxx, Watsons and Cub Foods. This commercial corridor also includes several smaller ethnic grocery stores and markets as well as several notable restaurants such as Lemon Grass Thai, Jacks Bakery, Sweet Basil, Girvan Grill and Kelly's on Boone. There are numerous additional retail, entertainment and dining options a short drive away into neighboring Maple Grove.

There are several businesses in Brooklyn Park and thousands of people commute and work in the city. Target Corporation is currently expanding its Northern Campus into a $1.78 billion office, retail, and housing city center that will eventually provide over 26,000 jobs. Other leading employers in Brooklyn Park include Caterpillar Paving Products, Egan McKay, Medtronic, North Hennepin Community College and Accellent, a successful medical equipment manufacturer.

The City of Brooklyn Park has an extensive park and recreation system that features over 2,000 acres of neighborhood parks, activity buildings, picnic pavilions, ice arenas, golf courses, athletic complexes and environmental areas. Brookdale Park, one of the largest parks in the city, features five athletic fields, skate/hockey rink, basketball courts, sliding hill, picnic pavilions, walking paths & trail, a large nature area, fenced dog park and a large playground. Additionally, Brooklyn Park is home to one of the top golf courses in the region. Designed and created by Robert Trent Jones II, Edinburgh USA is one of the top public golf courses in the country and has been named to the top 100 places to play in the country by "Golf Magazine".

Brooklyn Park is served by three school districts: Osseo, Anoka-Hennepin and Robbinsdale. These three districts combined offer ten elementary schools, five middle schools and five high schools - Park Center High School, Osseo High School, Champlin High School and Cooper High School. Colleges within Brooklyn Park include North Hennepin Community College, Hennepin Technical College and Rasmussen College.

Brooklyn Park contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 74% percent of all households in Brooklyn Park with the remaining 26% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Brooklyn Park is $56,572 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Click HERE for Brooklyn Park Schools

Click HERE for City of Brooklyn Park website