St. Louis Park

The City of St. Louis Park recently named one of the nation's "100 Best Communities for Young People" for the third consecutive time by America's Promise - The Alliance for Youth, is conveniently located approximately 6 miles west of downtown Minneapolis and features an abundance of shopping options, plenty of recreational amenities and a convenient location. St. Louis Park is home to approximately 46,300 residents and is bordered by Minnetonka and Hopkins to the west, Golden Valley and Plymouth to the north, Minneapolis to the east and Edina to the south.

St. Louis Park is easily accessible via Interstate 394 and Minnesota State Highways 100 and 169, three major Twin Cities arterial routes that either border or pass through the city.

St. Louis Park is a diverse city with a good mixture of residential uses, parkland, commercial and retail. The major shopping and retail area is primarily located along the Excelsior Boulevard corridor. This thriving area features a Byerly's grocery store, Target, Movie Theater, Trader Joe's and the recently completed Excelsior & Grand development, a urban themed neighborhood that features top notch restaurants and boutique shopping. Also located along the Excelsior corridor is the Miracle Mile Shopping Center, Hoigaards Sporting Goods, and the award winning Park Nicollet Health Clinic.

The northwest corner of the neighborhood is another major retail area that features a Costco, Home Depot, Lifetime Fitness, Petco, Office Depot, and the recently built West End, a large mixed-use urban themed development that will eventually feature numerous shops, a grocery store, movie theater and restaurants.

St. Louis Park is home to over 2,700 businesses and the city's largest employers are Park Nicollet Health Services, Japs Olson, Moneygram, Novartis and Onvoy.

There are 51 parks scattered throughout St. Louis Park (or approximately 11.5% of the city's land) that provide recreational amenities for residents of all ages in every season. Wolfe Park, located just behind the Excelsior and Grand development and adjacent to the St Louis Park Rec Center is a favorite destination among St Louis Park residents and features a 300-seat amphitheater, basketball and volleyball courts, fishing pond and a weekly farmers market during the summer months.

Additionally the city is connected to the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes and the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway via Cedar Lake and nearby Lake Calhoun providing for miles of additional walking, jogging and biking trails throughout the region.

There are seven public schools in the highly rated St. Louis Park School District (ranked 7 out of 10 by greatschools.org), including three elementary schools, three middle schools and St. Louis Park High School. St. Louis Park is also home to some notable private schools including Benilde-St. Margaret's School, Groves Academy, Torah Academy and the Minneapolis Jewish Day School.

St. Louis Park contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 64% percent of all households in St. Louis Park with the remaining 36% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for St. Louis Park is $49,260 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Click HERE for City of St. Louis Park website

Click HERE for Saint Louis Park School District Website