Why Listing your home in January/February/March is so important!
If you've been considering selling your home, beating the spring market is definitely a great idea. Our team has listed the top reasons why listing now will significantly improve your odds of getting your home sold fast and why it will help you capture a higher percentage of your list price.
- A promising economic atmosphere stimulated strong growth in the Twin Cities real estate industry last year. Financial institutions helped accelerate that growth with favorable offers to consumers, which is expected to improve in 2015.
- Continued increase in the cost of rental homes. This sector is going to hit us hard! The exceptional improvement in Twin Cities home prices had its downside for residents who currently rent a home. 2014 saw that pattern continue, and it started with high and rising rents. This is creating a stronger desire in more prospective Minneapolis home buyers to make the leap to homeownership.
- Due to a stronger economy and low unemployment (consumer confidence) The Twin Cities housing market recovery did particularly well in 2014 when compared to national averages. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the Minneapolis 13 county metropolitan area achieved a 3.2 percent unemployment rate, which can boast of being the best metropolitan area in the Unites States. "Additionally, the region is said to be on track to meet a goal of recovering and adding 100,000 jobs by the end of 2015, which was set by economic development partnership Greater MSP", according to Twin Cities Business Magazine.
- A stronger traditional housing market (The lender mediated era is becoming a thing of the past). The metro will put more of the recession into the past. Home foreclosures and short sales will continue to diminish and the market momentum toward "normal" will preside.
- Supply and demand. Our current inventory supply is extremely low. With the attractive loan programs available this year, and the historically low interest rates, buyers are falling off the fence. We're heading into what's shaping up to be an early spring market. Too many buyers, not enough inventory. The marketplace is already experiencing "multiple offers".
So if you're thinking about selling your home, seriously consider getting your home on the market right now. If you wait until spring, you will be faced with much more competition. Multiple buyers bidding on your home is every sellers dream.....Don't Wait...List Now!